It's Twins

 When I found out I was pregnant I had a feeling this pregnancy was going to be different. But I had no idea just how different it would be.

I found out I was pregnant April 14th, 2022. Confirmed it with another test on the 15th.


Now these test were POSITIVE. I mean such a strong line I thought I was pretty far along. Because I had missed a period in March. And had not had one yet in April. 

Well fast foward to April 19th I went in for my first OB oppointment and go back for the ultrasound. She starts to look around with the wand and says well there isn't just one baby there are babies. I have my mouth hanging wide open at this point because well BABIES. And I look over at my husband and behind his mask you can see him grinning from ear to ear. I looked at the screen and I said you're joking right? She says no (I would never joke about something like this. As she changes the number of fetus' from 1 to 2. Well that day the babies... still in shock by saying the 'ies' part... were measuring 6 weeks. So alittle too early to do much of anything. So we got pictures of our little bean sprouts and scheduled another ultrasound and appointing for May 10th. By the way noth my babies had heart beats at 6 weeks. God is amazing.

6 week BABIES
So the appointment on May 10th (9 weeks along) was pretty routine, but not one person I came into contact with knew what the heck was going on. Ultrasound tech was fine she was confused on what type of twins I was having which she kept trying to guess. There are three main types of twins fraternal which has 2 amniotic sacs and two placentas. These are the most common and least high risk twins to have.
The we have Identical MonoDi twins which share a placenta but have their own amniotic sacs. Because they share a placenta they need extra care to watch out for the babies growing well. Then lastly we have MonoMono twins which share a placenta and share an amniotic sac. Most high risk of all because you have to watch and make sure they are growing equally and also because the umbilical cords are in such close proximity to eachother there is a definite chance of cord knots and cords getting wrapped around eachother's necks...etc. 

With our babies she was confused because she did not see a membrane seperating the two babies which meant they were sharing a sac. But they both had their own yolk sacs which I am unsure what exactly that means because it was not explaned to me.

Then I saw the nurse who asks the 20 questions about family genetics and what have you. She again tried to guess at what type of twins I was having and changed my due date to December 13th instead of the 12th and tried to argue that it wasnt the 12th...which I said fine its no big deal. And then I saw the nurse practioner. (I guess my OB was out of office) She again tried to guess what type of twins the babies were and I asked her well is there one placenta or two? She said I have to go look at the pictures I will be right back. She walks out into the hallway talks to someone and says ok I trust you and comes back in. It is too early to tell. I say ok fine. I get my blood works done and leave. They schedule me for 4 weeks later.

9 week little Gummy Bears
To be continued.... :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rushed

Ezekiel and Nehemiah's Birth Story

The pursuit of praise through pain