The pursuit of praise through pain

"Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name."

Hebrews 13:15 NASB

When I am angry. Let me drop it and praise God.

Fearful. Praise God.

Elated. Praise God.

This is something I am learning as my days continue on without my twins. I need to sacrifice whatever I think is consuming me and praise God for it instead. Praise Him for being all knowing and all present. Because He understands things more than I ever will. He is right there with me in the nights when my heart is breaking and the tears flow down my cheeks. He is with me in the morning when I rise and pick my one year old up and pull him in close for a kiss.

When I praise God in the midst of my pain I am doing it not because He needs it. He is shaping me to stop and wait on Him and just sit in His presence and wait for Him.

I am asking Him to heal my broken heart, but if I do not stop and praise Him I am not truly giving my heart to Him.

"O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have not rest.

Yet You are holy. 

O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.

In You our fathers trusted; They trusted and You delivered them.

To You they cried out and were delivered;

In You they trusted and were not dissapointed."

Psalm 22:2-4 NASB

When I sit back and look at the times where I do not feel God's presence I need to evaluate what atomsphere I left for Him to be in. I need to step out in an act of faith and leave an atomosphere of praise and trust. When my defenses are up and I don't allow God to be there of course I will not feel His presence. 

"He who offers a sacrifice of thansgiving honors Me; And to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God."

Psalm 50:23

 Lord I want to honor You. I will pour out praise to You in my pain and in my happiness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rushed

Ezekiel and Nehemiah's Birth Story